Friday, January 4, 2008

Pants shopping .

I believe that I am in my last couple days of being able to wear my regular pants. I noticed the other day that the pair I was wearing was digging into my belly really bad and after I realized that my shirt was not long and loose enough to wear them unbuttoned, I decided to put them in the pile of clothes that are no longer an option.

So today I decided that I'd try a different pair that happens to have a lower waistband. They worked out fine when I put them on and was walking around the house, but later realized when I finally sat down that they, too, must enter the pile of abandoned clothing. I have one more pair that I am going to attempt this week, then I will be out. My plan is to go to the mall on Sunday and finally do that dreaded maternity clothes shopping that I have been putting off (because until now it has been unnecessary). I would ignore the need and just wear sweats all the time (as I've been doing for much of the last 4 months), but I'm supposed to wear "business casual" attire for the first few days of orientation and I doubt that sweatpants are in that category.

Maybe I'll post a picture of my ridiculously expanding belly one of these days. I swear that there was virtually no belly until about 3 days ago. See, me and the baby had this little deal where the baby was going to wait to grow until I got a job. So after I got the phone call about the job, it seems that baby decided to take this whole growing thing very seriously and is now out of control.

I also am now in need of something else to wear to a wedding tomorrow. My planned outfit is no longer an option and I have no back-up. I may have to make an emergency trip to the mall because I don't really think sweatpants are entirely appropriate wedding wear either. But who knows, maybe I can start a new trend.

Breezy

No comments: