Wednesday, January 23, 2008

Appointment.

Nothing terribly new or interesting here. We just got back from our appointment with Katie (our midwife) and everything is looking a-ok. Baby's heartbeat was nice and strong at about 150 bpm or so. Fundal height was right on at about 20cm. I finally have charted some weight gain, about 3 pounds in the last month, so I'm starting to gain "normally" now. I'm now officially back up to my pre-pregnancy weight.

Baby has started moving around a lot and is getting big enough that I can feel him/her flailing about in there. It's pretty weird, like an alien is living inside of me. It's cool though, except for a few times I've gotten some swift kicks in the bladder or cervix, which are VERY uncomfortable.

So, anyways, I'm off to get ready for work. I think I'll bring baby with me, she/he seems to be nocturnal anyways, so I might as well.

Have a happy evening!

1 comment:

breckster said...

Hurray for healthy babies and mommies!

Every once in a while I will have bubbles (okay, gas) in my stomach that will almost feel like baby flutters, and I will think, "oh, what a miracle." and then I will remember that I had my period and it is just gas, and then I am glad because there is no one who thinks my ribs are in the wrong place.