Friday, February 29, 2008

Nancy.

At work today, a fellow RN named Nancy predicted to me that the baby will be a boy. She said (and several other nurses testified to her behalf) that she has accurately predicted the sex of every baby that has been born by staff on that floor... which apparently has been about 5 babies in the last two years... as well as accurately predicted the sex of all of her 6 grandchildren. She also stated that she predicted what their names were going to be and that she has a sixth sense about these things. I'm not going to release the name that she predicted we would choose, I'm not sure about it for a first name, but it is one that I like for a middle name. Not only can she predict the sex of current babies-to-be, she can also predict the number of children that one will have and if they will be boys or girls or whatnot. I guess she hasn't been wrong yet. She should open up some kind of business, I bet there are plenty of ladies who would pay to have this information. It seems that her error rate is far less than that of the draino test... and so far it is even better than the error rate of a 20 week ultrasound... but I suppose she'll need a few more predictions before we can scientifically change her psychic abilities from theory to law.

3 comments:

breckster said...

I would like to know how many children I will have, and I am always amused with people predict sexes. I wouldn't stand for the name part though, I think it means too much to have someone else "predict" that. :)

Breezy said...

apparently, she kept the name predictions a secret and sealed them in an envelope and never told them what she thought it would be. but at any rate, in a short 14 weeks we'll see if she's right about the boy thing.

Unknown said...

That's funny, the first time I heard the story, it sounded a lot more ridiculously impressive, and I'm pretty sure I told Dave that she had correctly predicted the sex of every baby that had been born in the hospital for the last 10-15 years....

You said 10-15 years! Hmm.