Friday, February 22, 2008

Kicks and Bones.

Baby is becoming quite the little circus monkey. It used to have a moderately predictable daily wake/sleep schedule, but seems to have switched to the slightly more chaotic way of life where it no longer needs sleep. It moves around all day. Sometimes it makes such a big movement that I can see my belly jump. It also enjoys hitting my bladder a lot... and my ribs. It LOVES my ribs. Especially on the left side. I saw a chiropractor last week because I pulled a muscle on my scapula and it was horrendous! After pushing around on my belly for a while, she told me that the baby seems to have had a recent growth spurt and is currently enjoying hanging out on the left side (which I kind of figured) and has done the hard work of pushing my ribcage out of balance which has in turn pushed my shoulder-blades out of balance which put my muscles in strain and furthermore led to the muscle spasms which paralyzed me for those 2 or 3 days. So she kind of tried to push the baby out of the left side, but it kept going right back over there, and then she made some adjustments to my spine. She said that the manipulations took very well and that she thinks that I'll be good as new in no time. She also figured that my sciatica is being caused by the fact that my sacrum is not centered and is left-leaning (probably from that accident a few years ago involving me and my couch). So she pushed and cracked and all that jazz and I left feeling much better. I think baby liked it too, as it seemed to have put it to sleep.

On a completely different note: On Monday I got my first "when are you due" from someone I didn't know. It was a man with one glass eye and one eye with advanced macular degeneration. And then yesterday a coworker asked me the same thing. So there is my current tally: two people have noticed that I'm pregnant.

Only 15 weeks left!

No comments: